Interesting People mailing list archives

Resurection of SNOBOL mail list

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:44:23 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Edward A. Feustel" <efeustel () hughes net>
Date: November 1, 2006 8:41:47 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Resurection of SNOBOL mail list

Dave,
We would appreciate your passing this on to others who might wish to participate.
Thank you,
Ed Feustel

Mike Radow and I have started a SNOBOL mail list that will replace the defunct list on mercury.dsu.edu. It is being hosted by yahoogroups under the name snobol.While anyone may join the list without becoming a member of yahoogroups, only members of yahoogroups will be permitted to browse files and databases hosted on the yahoogroups site and to see the list of members. If one does not wish to be a member of yahoogroups, but does wish to participate, they can contact me and I will issue an invitation.

This list will be devoted to SNOBOL and related topics about text processing: algorithms, efficiency, ... We do not want SPAM or personal attacks.

We hope it will reflect the best thought and experience of the SNOBOL community.

Ed Feustel