Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Two notes on Network Neutrality

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:42:24 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Mike O'Dell" <mo () ccr org>
Date: October 31, 2006 11:31:35 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Two notes on Network Neutrality

David Farber wrote:
A note from Lauren and a note from Faulhaber (a co-author of a memo with me and others)

Lauren may be ranting, but that doesn't make him wrong.

the DSL CLECs were methodically slow-rolled out of existence
by aggressive predatory tactics by the RBOCs.  we saw that
first-hand every day trying to install and support DSL customers.

for someone to suggest that the broadband service business is just peachy, and that industry-destroying anti-competitive behavior in the space hasn't happened before and is unlikely to happen again, especially given its unchallenged
success at eliminating competition, is patently absurd.

        -mo