Interesting People mailing list archives

MySpace and Privacy

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:42:31 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Frederick Lane <fslane3 () gmail com>
Date: May 2, 2006 8:35:50 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: MySpace and Privacy

Hi Dave --

As some on IP have noted, a lot of college administrators are starting
to take a close look at social networking sites like MySpace and
Facebook. I just got back from doing a lecture at Drake University on
the privacy issues of social networking sites, and put my presentation
online. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.fredericklane.com/Lectures/2006%20Drake%20University/ 2006-04-26%20Lost%20in%20MySpace_01.html

Regards,

Fred

--
Frederick Lane is an expert witness, lecturer, and author of "Obscene
Profits" (Routledge 2000) and "The Naked Employee" (Amacom 2003). His