Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Uh? Verizon Issues Statement on NSA and Privacy Protection

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 15:26:19 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "RJR RJRiley.com" <RJR () RJRILEY com>
Date: May 14, 2006 9:33:01 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] Uh? Verizon Issues Statement on NSA and Privacy Protection

For IP if you wish.

This is an incredible example of doublespeak at it's best.  After about
forty years as an abused customer I have to say that Verizon still very much demonstrates it's roots in GTE. Both are incompetent in so many ways it is
funny, well funny except when it comes to wholesale violation of law.

Telcos rank right near the top as patent pirates.  The whole industry
routinely conspires to appropriate inventor's property. They are down right brutal. I have observed that companies who are ethically challenged in the intellectual property arena often suffer ethical impairments in a multitude of other areas and this flagrant abuse of people's constitutional rights by telcos is consistent with their moral and ethical judgment in other aspects
of the way they do business.

"Patent pirates" are usually large multinational companies who pirate others intellectual property and abuse the process of law to bankrupt the owners of that property before they can get their day in court. After many decades of
such abuses the inventor community has developed pretty effective
countermeasures and rather than change their ways patent pirates howl about how those inventors whose property has been stolen morph into nasty "patent
trolls".  I guess we are all products of our environment.

Perhaps if we all work together we can box the nasty telcos in that nice
regulatory cocoon which they nurtured to protect obscene profits and see
them wither in the face of new innovation like VOIP. They are dinosaurs who
should be mercifully laid to rest for the benefit of society at large.

Ronald J Riley, Exec. Dir.            Ronald J Riley, President
InventorEd, Inc. Professional Inventors Alliance
www.InventorEd.org                   www.PIAUSA.org
RJR"at"InvEd.org                        RJR"at"PIAUSA.org
Change "at" to @                        Change "at" to @
                                                   RJR Direct # (202)
318-1595