Interesting People mailing list archives

more on highly annoyed Apple user

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 08:08:41 -0400

actually I went to 7.1 and the about still says I have pro. Confused

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Graham A. Niblo" <ganiblo () mac com>
Date: May 13, 2006 7:59:07 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] highly annoyed Apple user

Dave, isn't this only true if you had QT Pro 5 or 6 (or lower) and upgrade to 7.1? It has always been the case that non-point upgrades have required a new licence, I don't think this point upgrade changes that, does it? This raises the important question of whether Apple have an obligation to provide security fixes for older versions of the Pro software (I think they should) and also what constitutes a reasonable licence cost for Quicktime Pro but it doesn't appear to be an issue prompted by this point release.

All the best

Graham