Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Maybe the cause is bad desigb of aircraft cell phones and electronic devices are a risk to planes]]

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 18:59:32 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [IP] Maybe the cause is bad desigb of aircraft cell phones
and electronic devices are a risk to planes]
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 18:55:53 -0500
From: Mary Shaw <mary.shaw () gmail com>
To: dave () farber net

Once, long ago, I was told by a TWA flight attendant (I said it was long ago
...) that the *real* reason they wanted electronic devices off during
takeoff and landing was so passengers wouldn't be wearing headsets that
prevented them from hearing flight attendants' instructions, and also so the
devices themselves wouldn't be flying around the cabin in case of rough
flying or landing.

Mary