Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Disturbing: USA PATRIOT and 'Long War' tedium

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:12:25 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [IP] Disturbing: USA PATRIOT and 'Long War' tedium
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:45:09 -0800
From: Steven Hertzberg <stevenstevensteven () gmail com>
To: rforno () infowarrior org
CC: dave () farber net

Richard,

Thanks for the heads-up.  I guess I better start carrying around with me a
small copy of the Patriot Act - along with the copy of the US Constitution
that I already carry.

Fyi on the ports deal, it is my unconfirmed understanding that Treasury
Secretary John Snow, former CEO of CSX and chairman of the "Committee on
Foreign Investment (who approved the Dubai ports deal), will make
approximately $30M once the Dubai ports deal goes through.  That's a nice
little 'insider' incentive.

Steven Hertzberg
http://www.hertzberg.org