Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Was the 2004 election stolen? Yes.

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 07:43:35 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Steven Hertzberg <stevenstevensteven () gmail com>
Date: June 4, 2006 1:09:12 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: peter () redesignresearch com
Subject: RE: [IP] more on Was the 2004 election stolen? Yes.

What we said was that the exit polls and our audit do not support the claim of fraud. While we are unable to rule out fraud, we can't find evidence of
it.

As I mentioned earlier, we did find plenty of error in the system, so we're
working with election officials in Ohio to implement improved systems to
mitigate this error prior to 2008.

Finally, I would encourage those activists who are quick to criticize our
work, with little specifics, to conduct their own exit poll.  It is much
harder than it looks and not always as accurate as everyone would want.

Steven