Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Give Me Bandwidth . . .

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:57:47 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Faulhaber, Gerald" <faulhabe () wharton upenn edu>
Date: June 21, 2006 11:49:15 AM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>, Michael Katz <katz () haas berkeley edu>, Christopher Yoo <christopher.yoo () Law Vanderbilt Edu>
Subject: RE: [IP] Give Me Bandwidth . . .

I think Sara Lai has it right on several counts. Yes, NN is a misplaced debate about market power in last mile distribution...again. Yes, antitrust is a good answer, but recent court rulings have jeopardized the ability of private parties and agencies to bring antitrust suits in this industry. I believe we are of the view that AT is the way to go, but perhaps some Congressional clarification of AT's role in telecoms/Internet space is no bad thing.

This article is one of the most sensible I've seen in some time on this issue.

Comments?

Professor Gerald Faulhaber
Business and Public Policy Dept.
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Professor of Law
University of Pennsylvania