Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Brain fingerprinting AND A PANEL IN DC

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:35:24 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Stanley, Jay" <JStanley () dcaclu org>
Date: June 19, 2006 3:20:29 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] Brain fingerprinting

Note that, despite the kinds of problems that Nick Knouf outlines, at least two private companies have announced that they will begin to offer "lie detection" services using fMRI as early as this summer. These companies are marketing their services to federal government agencies, including the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, the National Security Agency, and the CIA, and to state and local police departments.

See http://www.cephoscorp.com/
    http://www.noliemri.com/

Also, for those who are interested, we are hosting a panel discussion tomorrow in DC with several of the foremost experts on this subject. Details are at www.aclu.org/future.

Best,

Jay Stanley
Public Education Director, Technology and Liberty Project
ACLU
202-715-0818 (office) 202-222-8398 (mobile)