Interesting People mailing list archives

Google report on click fraud

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:58:15 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Monty Solomon <monty () roscom com>
Date: July 25, 2006 9:00:13 AM EDT
To: undisclosed-recipient:;
Subject: Google report on click fraud

Findings on invalid clicks
7/21/2006 12:05:00 PM
Posted by Shuman Ghosemajumder, Business Product Manager,
Trust and Safety
Google
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/07/findings-on-invalid-clicks.html

The Lane's Gifts v. Google Report
by Alexander Tuzhilin

Executive Summary

I have been asked to evaluate Google's invalid click detection
efforts and to conclude whether these efforts are reasonable or not.
As a part of this evaluation, I have visited Google's campus three
times, examined various internal documents, interviewed several
Google's employees, have seen different demos of their invalid click
inspection system, and examined internal reports and charts showing
various aspects of performance of Google's invalid click detection
system. Based on all these studied materials and the information
narrated to me by Google's employees, I conclude that Google's
efforts to combat click fraud are reasonable. In the rest of this
report, I elaborate on this point.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/pdf/Tuzhilin_Report.pdf