Interesting People mailing list archives

more on The speach is on line . -- Gore Speech on C-Span, Monday, 12 pm ET

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:16:07 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell () joe-job com>
Date: January 16, 2006 5:10:24 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com, dweightman () radix net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on The speach is on line . -- Gore Speech on C- Span, Monday, 12 pm ET

This was my favorite passage:

"Is our Congress today in more danger than were their predecessors when
the British army was marching on the Capitol? Is the world more
dangerous than when we faced an ideological enemy with tens of thousands
of missiles poised to be launched against us and annihilate our country
at a moment's notice? Is America in more danger now than when we faced
worldwide fascism on the march-when our fathers fought and won two World
Wars simultaneously?

It is simply an insult to those who came before us and sacrificed so
much on our behalf to imply that we have more to be fearful of than
they. Yet they faithfully protected our freedoms and now it is up to us
to do the same."

Lee