Interesting People mailing list archives

Free passes for IP to Emerging Telephony Conference

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 16:37:24 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Tim O'Reilly" <tim () oreilly com>
Date: January 2, 2006 4:23:49 PM EST
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: Kathleen Bruno <kbruno () oreilly com>
Subject: Free passes for IP to Emerging Telephony Conference

Dave --

As I've done for past O'Reilly conferences, I want to offer the first five IP readers to respond a free pass to the O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference. The conference, to be held January 24-26 at the San Francisco Airport Marriott, focuses on IP telephony and the way that telephony is becoming a computing platform.

With the sale of Skype to eBay, IP telephony announcements from Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft, the penetration of open source IP telephony platforms like Asterisk into major corporations, it's clear that the telephony landscape is going to change more in the next few years than it has in decades, even allowing for the cell phone. Because, of course, IP telephony opens up the door for voice to be just another class of network data, and integrates the telephone with the growing power of the internet as a global computing platform.

Because we believe that innovation often comes from unexpected players, our conferences always feature a rich mix of established companies, startups, and hackers with no business plan but technology ideas that may change the world.

For more details on the conference, see http:// conferences.oreilly.com/etel.

To register using the IP discount, send email to Kathleen Bruno, kbruno at oreilly.com. She's still on holiday till tomorrow, but will get back to you as soon as possible to let you know if you were one of the first responders.

Sorry for the short notice on this offer. I meant to do it before the holidays, but it slipped my mind, and then I was away.

Tim O'Reilly, Founder & CEO, O'Reilly Media,
1005 Gravenstein Highway N., Sebastopol, CA 95472
+1-707-827-7150 http://tim.oreilly.com