Interesting People mailing list archives

more on response from Google to yet another twist

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:23:26 -0500

I was hoping to provoke such a response djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joehall () gmail com>
Date: January 10, 2006 2:04:35 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: danah boyd <dmb () sims berkeley edu>, Peter Lyman <plyman () sims berkeley edu>
Subject: Re: [IP] response from Google to yet another twist

(Danah, has AOIR lists taken up any discussion of this Google
experiment?  Quick background: Users of Google that use firewall
notification programs (like the Little Snitch) are noticing packets
going to an experiment on PlanetLab that is measuring latency in an
experiment.)