Interesting People mailing list archives

Bravo - Liberty

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:20:08 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Anthony Watson <atrigueiro () yahoo com>
Date: August 10, 2006 2:01:43 PM EDT
To: jsq () quarterman org
Cc: h_bray () globe com, dave () farber net, me dollarsandsense <anthony.watson () dollarsandsense com>
Subject: Bravo - Liberty

Dear John:

Thank you for taking the time to respond with reason.
Mr. Bray's inflammatory language is so illustrative of
the misunderstanding and underestimation of our enemy
that has been the hallmark of the War on Terror, so
far.

I was stunned when it became clear that the government
had plenty of information on the 9/11 conspirators.
SOme were on "no-fly" lists already!  They had the
tools to mitigate the damage, if not halt those
attacks altogether, yet failed.  Failure does not
justify more power...IT JUSTIFIES LESS POWER.

We should remember that the one plane that failed to
reach its target on 9/11/2001 was stopped by the
people, not by the government and not the military.  I
go into some detail on this here:
http://www.neo-liberalism.org/HowLiberty.asp

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to provide a
reasoned response to the knee-jerk fear-mongers that
live so much of their lives in terror.  I have two
young children and I want the power to protect them
myself.  George Bush and the neo-conservatives have
already proven their incompetence in the matter.
Please Mr. Bray, move to some safe place where you
won't be afraid, but do not advocate the repeal of the
Bill of Rights to protect me in these United States.

Freedom, Liberty!!!!!  Only that will win the War on
Terror.  The country that produced the likes of Ben
Franklin has also spawned a nation of people like no
other.  Individual citizens who on their own with no
time for planning take down a plane and in the process
protect the White House from attack.

George Bush was protected by Americans that day.  We
do not need him to protect us...WE PROTECT HIM!   Ask
any National Guardsmen in Babylon.

Thanks,
aw

PS