Interesting People mailing list archives

news from the UK

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:53:47 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ted Kircher <tkircher () comcast net>
Date: August 10, 2006 11:37:05 AM EDT
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] news from the UK

Dave,

All of this talk about the potential reality of terrorism is just what Bush and Blair want so that they can further restrict the freedoms of their citizens and gain more power over their legislators. Hence we are moving back to the historic rulers of Kings & Queens
and possibly even of Emperors and Pharaohs.

The wars with Iraq, Lebanon and Palestine will keep those countries in 3rd world status for decades since their basic infrastructures are ruined and their young people are not being educated; thus subjecting them to the economic control of western powers and Israel .

This is not to say that the threat of terrorism is not real - as a byproduct of the overwhelming forces of the US, UK and Israel which have created destruction that is orders of magnitude greater than 9/11. I have little doubt that the vast majority of citizens in the US, UK and Israel would become terrorists, including suicide bombers, if they were in the same position as their counterparts in Iraq, Lebanon and Palestine - not only today but for decades to come!

What is really disturbing to me is that while the average citizen in the US 'looks down' on the the average Iraqi, Lebanese and Palestinian, he/she fails to realize that the neocons in the Bush adminstration looks down on them in the same way, e.g. paid 'cannon fodder' in our all-volunteer armed services - which are void of members from wealthy families.

Ted