Interesting People mailing list archives

AIDA has indexed the AOL 500k User Session Collection in our Internet Measurement Data Catalog (DatCat):

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:17:28 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Colleen Shannon <cshannon () caida org>
Date: August 9, 2006 9:15:53 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: k claffy <kc () caida org>, imdc-wg () caida org
Subject: Re: [dave () farber net: [IP] more on AOL Releases Search Logs from 500, 000 Users]

Because many folks are delving into the AOL query log data, including
people who intend to publish their results, CAIDA has indexed the AOL 500k User Session Collection in our Internet Measurement Data Catalog (DatCat): http://imdc.datcat.org/collection/1-003M-5=AOL+500k+User+Session +Collection

DatCat does not store or distribute data, so we are not providing the AOL collection. Rather, we provide a permanent record of the existence of the dataset, relevant metadata, and a permanent handle that can be used to cite the dataset. In the near future, anyone who has used the data will be able
to add annotations describing the features of the dataset (and any other
dataset in the catalog).

The goals of the DatCat project include:

        - to facilitate searching for and sharing of data among researchers
        - to enhance documentation of datasets via a public annotation system
        - to advance network science by promoting reproducible research

Anyone can browse the Catalog by visiting imdc.datcat.org.  We are just
beginning to test one of several contribution interfaces, and we encourage
anyone who would like to be notifed when datcat is available for public
contributions of data to email contribute () datcat org with a description of
the data you would like to contribute.

Cheers,
The CAIDA DatCat Team
info () datcat org

--On Monday, August 07, 2006 10:44:59 PM -0700 k claffy <kc () caida org>