Interesting People mailing list archives

Keith Olbermann: There Is Fascism, Indeed

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:51:07 -0400

Well worth reading and also remembering the quote the article ends with

" Thus, forgive me, for reading Murrow, in full:
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty," he said, in 1954. "We must remember always that accusation is not proof, and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate, and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular."

    And so good night, and good luck."

Begin forwarded message: