Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Philips device could force TV viewers to watch ads

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:44:43 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: James Hogan <james () jamesphogan com>
Date: April 21, 2006 2:41:24 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Philips device could force TV viewers to watch ads

This kind of thing is perhaps the greatest favor that the "entertainment" industry could do for the public. It is difficult to describe the degree to which the quality of life improves when one gets rid of the thing-- totally.
A good way of realizing what the TV does to you is to turn it off for a
month, allow the withdrawal symptoms to subside, and adjust to the real
world. Then try turning it on again and get a feel of how totally the
addiction had taken hold, and how truly ghastly the experience has now
become.

        James Hogan
        Ireland