Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Emergency text messages and AB 2231

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:22:06 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Patrick Traynor <traynor () cse psu edu>
Date: April 2, 2006 5:18:26 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Emergency text messages and AB 2231

Dave,

Lauren is correct. We talked about this very phenomenon in our paper "Exploiting Open Functionality in SMS-Capable Cellular Networks" in October. If you are looking for a technical perspective, please see http://www.smsanalysis.org

-Patrick

Patrick Traynor
PhD Candidate
Computer Science and Engineering