Interesting People mailing list archives

query on FEMA report from 2001?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 06:52:51 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: j eric townsend <jet () flatline net>
Date: September 6, 2005 12:01:22 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: FEMA report from 2001?

Hey Dave,

Maybe some of the IP folks can help out with this.

People in the media keep referring to a FEMA report from 2001 that listed a hurricane hitting New Orleans as one of a number of likely disasters in the US. I've poked around fema.gov but get "Server Error" for many of my searches and haven't been able to find anything by simple navigation.

Anyone out there have a PDF of the actual report, or a pointer to where I can find it?

I can find mention of it in news reports from the time it was issued, so I'm assuming it did exist at one point in time:

http://www.hurricane.lsu.edu/_in_the_news/houston.htm

--
jet / KG6ZVQ
jet () flatline net