Interesting People mailing list archives

more on President Bush vs National Geographic

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 20:25:43 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ted Kircher <tkircher () comcast net>
Date: September 5, 2005 8:04:21 PM EDT
To: Paul Saffo <psaffo () iftf org>
Cc: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] President Bush vs National Geographic

Paul,

Bush thrives on crises! Q: Where would he be now without 9/11? A: Back in Crawford after an otherwise dull and failed presidency.

As to Katrina, we - all of the taxpapers - will fund the reconstruction of New Orleans (including adequate levees), and the rich (his primary supporters) will buy up the land cheap and redevelop it into another play spot like Vail and Las Vegas. The poor who survived and got shipped throughout the U.S. will never return - it will be too expensive for them! Btw, this is a form of
'legalized' ethnic/economic cleansing!

In short, this is another 'win-win' for Bush who is just waiting ('without looking') for the next crisis - which is inevitable! Btw, his 'astonished' first ("Rove-ian") remark will be ""I don't think anybody anticipated the (fill in the blanks)."

Ted