Interesting People mailing list archives

And now, for some comic relief -- part I: Technology marches on ...

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:38:56 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ted Dolotta <Ted () Dolotta ORG>
Date: September 26, 2005 1:28:02 PM EDT
To: IP List <dave () farber net>
Subject: And now, for some comic relief -- part I: Technology marches on ...

From the Sunday NY Times

ted
DONALD, IS THAT YOU? For a man never at a loss for words - or a
chance to promote himself - it is little surprise that Donald J.
Trump is now hawking ring tones to cellphone users, for a fee.

For as much as $2.99, customers can download Donald-isms that
blurt out when someone calls. Some are directly out of "The
Apprentice," like: "Why not answer your phone? You could be
missing out on some really big business."

One zinger says: "You know, I'm not exactly crazy about having to
tell you that you're getting a phone call. It's not like I don't
have better things to do."

One wonders if consumers will feel the same.

Ken Belson