Interesting People mailing list archives

editors query

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:03:57 -0400

Sometimes I send complete articles to IP. I get occasional complaints from IPers about the use of full copyrighted articles and while I believe it is fair use, I would rather not test the position IF I had an easy way of getting a brief abstract of the web page with the url I could send out.

Does anyone know of any browser (MAC based) that can do that for me. ?

Dave

just snipping the beginning does not often give any sense of the article and I just don;'t have the time to compose an abstract.

Dave