Interesting People mailing list archives

Microsoft, Palm, Verizon to hold press conference in S.F.: Treo 700w?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:10:16 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Alan A.Reiter" <aareiter () earthlink net>
Date: September 23, 2005 5:48:22 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Microsoft, Palm, Verizon to hold press conference in S.F.: Treo 700w?

Hi Dave,

Microsoft, Palm and Verizon Wireless have just announced they will hold a press conference during the CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment show in San Francisco next week.

The press release doesn’t say anything about the reason for the press conference but I assume it will be to announce the Treo 700w that’s supposed to work on Verizon’s BroadbandAccess 1xEV-DO network and include Windows Mobile 5.0, 64MB of memory, a 1.3 megapixel camera phone, Bluetooth, and an SD slot that works with a WiFi card, according to an article in Engadget.

More information here: http://www.wirelessmuse.com/winternet/2005/09/ microsoft_palm_.html

Alan

Alan A. Reiter, president

Wireless Internet & Mobile Computing consulting

E-Mail: reiter () wirelessinternet com

Phone: 1-301-634-1586

Weblog: www.CameraPhoneReport.com

Weblog: www.WirelessMuse.com