Interesting People mailing list archives

more on A quick hurricane musing

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:40:44 -0400

A good GPS  in the cart is a major plus djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: Edward Vielmetti <edward.vielmetti () gmail com>
Date: September 22, 2005 9:26:21 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] - A quick hurricane musing

Dave -

My cousin and his family evacuated Houston
by driving Texas back dirt roads with a good
road map.  They ended up in Oklahoma all
according to plan.  Per their report if you went
far enough off the beaten path gas was not
a problem.

I'm not 100% sure the maps they used but faced
with a similar situation where the main freeway
was totally shut down on our way home from up
north we pulled the Delorme atlas from the trunk
and headed down country roads.

Ed
--
Edward Vielmetti in Ann Arbor, MI 48104