Interesting People mailing list archives

Katrina and the Cajun people

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 06:47:54 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: gailbracy <gailbracy () homelandhugs org>
Date: September 1, 2005 6:08:25 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Katrina and the Cajun people

Dave,

I'm disgusted as I watch this unbelievable American apocalypse unfold.

If there was a mandatory evacuation, why weren't the infirmed and poor
people ushered out in the first place? They certainly weren't staying to
defend their sumptuous plantations. And if the President pre-declared a
state of emergency why wasn't the assistance on the ground ready to move in? Finally, what on earth would happen now if a vile of small pox was dropped
in the Superdome?  Even I, a housewife, can imagine worse scenarios, so
where HAS all those Homeland Security dollars gone?

I know this sounds science-fiction but I believe this to be a yet another coy way to one) euthanize as many as possible and two) ID those most likely
to be off the books.

Something stinks in New Orleans, and it's not the stagnant water.

Gail Bracy

Ahoskie, North Carolina