Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Blame the government...whoever that is.....;

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:41:34 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Luís Bruno <lbruno () republico estv ipv pt>
Date: September 8, 2005 12:27:00 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Blame the government...whoever that is.....;

[Meant for IP]

Tom Jackson wrote:

Pardon the screed – for IP if appropriate.

Jack Hallett wrote:

Well, it's NOT appropriate, Dave.

I, in my self-righteous and self-centered attitude, find that "screed" quite appropriate. If, on the other hand, you found any specific problem or logical fallacy in Tom Jackson's argument, now would be a good time to point it out, yes?

USA's current administration has policies which affected New Orleans, but also, for example, research on current or future vaccines:
http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2005/05/05/vaccine/index.html

These policies have global effects, as the ongoing Kyoto debacle. As such, I've found Dave Farber's editorial policy very adequate. IP has been an outlet for people who don't command the power to voice their opinion elsewhere; and I've found the "bias" very informative.

I hope IP keeps going as strong as it has been, and I'd like to thank you Dave for your work moderating the list.

Regards,
Luis Bruno
--
"As the floodwaters rose, local officials in New Orleans ordered the city evacuated. They might as well have told their citizens to fly to the moon. How do you evacuate when you don't have a car? No hint of intelligent design in any of this. This was survival of the richest."