Interesting People mailing list archives

more on SBC to raise DSL pricing 25-43% (unless you bundle)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:00:05 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Porter <bobporter () theideasgroup com>
Date: October 31, 2005 3:43:09 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] more on SBC to raise DSL pricing 25-43% (unless you bundle)

Just a note about the issue of SBC installation mucking with your system,
browser, and toolbar.
None of that is necessary.
I have had to reinstall my SBC DSl several times over the last year or two only too discover that you don't need their software to install their DSl at
all.
You only need their modem and set it to the correct username and password
and you have IP to your machine or in my case to my router.
I know that that is not how the install instructions read but it is so and I have nothing at all of SBC/Yahoo's installed on my computer. This all became obvious when trying to troubleshoot some connection issues after a complete
reinstall of XP following a computer crash.

Bob Porter