Interesting People mailing list archives

more on He thinks not -- Silicon Valley humming again

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:38:57 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Hinden <bob.hinden () nokia com>
Date: October 31, 2005 1:21:32 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Bob Hinden <bob.hinden () nokia com>
Subject: Re: [IP] more on He thinks not -- Silicon Valley humming again

Dave,

I see little sign of a real turnaround - there is still a slow sinking in which more and more small companies die and more and more good people have to scramble into lesser paying jobs that do not make full use of their valuable skills.

All of the people I know were out of work now have jobs, and people who get let go at one place have a lot less trouble finding new jobs. There not as much leaving a current job for a better one, but I think that is starting as well.

In my view, the employment situation in Silicon Valley has gotten a lot better.

Bob