Interesting People mailing list archives

more on SBC changing name to AT&T (no kidding!)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:44:57 -0400

If anyone does this I will buy several

Dave

former ATT Bell Labs

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Stewart, William C (Bill), RTSCG" <billstewart () att com>
Date: October 27, 2005 5:43:18 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net, Paul Saffo <psaffo () iftf org>
Subject: RE: [IP] more on SBC changing name to AT&T (no kidding!)

Paul Saffo <psaffo () iftf org> wrote to IP:

I want a bumper sticker that reads:
"Who is AT&T and why do they keep following me?"

Cafepress.com will make bumper stickers and just about anything else you want.
You need to give them a JPG or PNG image.

Disclaimer: If this were an official AT&T communication,
which it's not, I'd probably have to remind you about
the trademark status of the AT&T globe logo, aka Death Star,
and have you contact our trademark folks to get the
right Pantone blue shade and number of lines...

Also, a technical side comment:  When I was typing this,
MS Outlook helpfully corrected "café" to use the e with the accent mark,
but ICANN hasn't gotten Internationalized Domain Names to work
so cafépress.com does not exist...

        Thanks; Bill Stewart