Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Lauren Weinstein's Blog Update: "Spontaneous" Teleconference Between Bush and Iraq Troops Actually Coached (Video)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 07:32:32 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Sears <jssears () comcast net>
Date: October 15, 2005 7:13:56 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] more on Lauren Weinstein's Blog Update: "Spontaneous" Teleconference Between Bush and Iraq Troops Actually Coached (Video)

Dave

It might be interesting for your readers to see what one soldier involved in
the interview wrote in his blog.

http://278medic.blogspot.com/2005/10/speaking-with-president-bush.html

An excerpt: "We were given an idea as to what topics he may discuss with us, but it's the President of the United States; He will choose which way his
conversation with us may go.

We practiced passing the microphone around to one another, so we wouldn't choke someone on live TV. We had an idea as to who we thought should answer
what types of questions, unless President Bush called on one of us
specifically."

John