Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Request for help for Ukraine from IP list

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:16:37 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Michael Kende <Michael.Kende () analysys com>
Date: May 31, 2005 11:24:27 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net, george.sadowsky () internews org
Subject: RE: [IP] Request for help for Ukraine from IP list

George,

When I was at the FCC (at the same time as Dave) I helped to put
together courses for developing country regulators, and one of the
topics was the FCC structure.  I am not sure now who is in charge of
those courses (and if they are updated) but if you have not had any
other response I can try to find that out. At the same time, we do a lot
of work with Ofcom and I can see if there is anything good on that as
well.

Another good general guide is the InfoDev Telecommunications Regulation
Handbook, which is online (and written by Hank Intven of McCarthy
tetrault).  This does not cover the topic you are after, but does cover
a lot of other good topics for developing countries.  I know that
InfoDev is in the process of updating this to be fully online (rather
than PDFs) because we have bid on that work which should be ready by
December.

Regards,

Michael