Interesting People mailing list archives

more on U.S. shuts down network that leaked 'Star Wars'

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 17:11:28 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Frankston <Bob2-19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Date: May 28, 2005 11:22:08 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net, 'Ip ip' <ip () v2 listbox com>
Cc: 'Dewayne Hendricks' <dewayne () dandin com>
Subject: RE: [IP] more on U.S. shuts down network that leaked 'Star Wars'

Rereading this I realize that the headline is wrong -- EliteTorrents is not a network. The site itself didn't leak anything. All it did was advertise
the availability.

This plays into basic misunderstandings of what the Internet is -- it's a misunderstanding encouraged by those who do want to see the Internet as just another television channel and who see networks as brands not technologies.