Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Harvard [and others ibl CMU ] applicants breached security

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:37:33 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Mary Shaw <mary.shaw () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:49:06 -0500
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Harvard [and others ibl CMU ] applicants breached security

If peeking required deliberate acts ny the students to circumvent the
security, I wonder how many of the schools will re-evaluate the
applications of these hundred or so students in view of the ethical
concerns.

Of course, if the site just happened to unlock something early and
only normal user clicking revealed the information, arguably through
no fault of the student, that would not be appropriate.

Mary