Interesting People mailing list archives

Choicepoint

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:54:37 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:10:24 -0500
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: please keep anon if you publish

Please withhold my identity if you decide to publish.

I have a client that creates lists using much of the same info as
Choicepoint. In fact, Choicepoint is a customer of theirs.

I had a conversation a couple of days ago regarding Choicepoint, and how
they got into the mess. I asked my client if they verified their
customers. The reply - keep out of this. It may interfere with sales.

IMO that's how companies get into these messes. Something might
interfere with sales.

snip

To control the damage to consumers and the company, ChoicePoint
executives over the weekend decided to announce changes in how they
assess their clients and maintain security.

snip

David Farber wrote:

even more reason djf

------ End of Forwarded Message