Interesting People mailing list archives

Respondents' and supporters' briefs in MGM v. Grokster...

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:15:54 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joehall () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:01:46 -0800
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Respondents' and supporters' briefs in MGM v. Grokster...

Hi Dave,

The final round of briefing in a very important copyright case, MGM v.
Grokster, ends today. The first amicus brief I looked at had your name
on it and represents 17 computer science professors including: Harold
Abelson (MIT), Thomas Anderson (U. Washington), Andrew W. Appel
(Princeton), Steven M. Bellovin (Columbia), Dan Boneh (Stanford),
David Clark (MIT), David J. Farber (CMU), Joan Feigenbaum (Yale),
Edward W. Felten (Princeton), Robert Harper (CMU), M. Frans Kaashoek
(MIT), Brian Kernighan (Princeton), Jennifer Rexford (Princeton), John
C. Reynolds (CMU), Aviel D. Rubin (Johns Hopkins), Eugene H. Spafford
(Purdue), and David S. Touretzky (CMU).

This amicus brief is here:
http://eff.org/IP/P2P/MGM_v_Grokster/20050301_cs_profs.pdf

The EFF is posting all the briefs here:
http://eff.org/IP/P2P/MGM_v_Grokster/

I've had my RSS mercenary to scrape an hourly-updated RSS feed of the
case archive here:
http://bootleg-rss.g-blog.net/d.eff_org_ip_p2p_mgm_v_grokster.php

Note also that the EFF has posted the case archive for the original
Sony Betamax decision (Sony v. Universal, in 1984):
http://eff.org/legal/cases/betamax/

best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall