Interesting People mailing list archives

more problems with PalmOne

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:07:22 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tom Sobczynski <tsobczynski () mac com>
Date: June 30, 2005 10:33:00 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: dcrocker () bbiw net
Subject: Re: [IP] more problems with PalmOne

So you got three years' use of the best smartphone platform in the world
from a single outlay of dollars and suffered a few (admittedly highly
problematic) service outages due to equipment failures.

Given the recent problems with Blackberry service outages, I wonder how
your track record will compare after three years on the RIM bandwagon.

Keep us informed of your progress, and I'll see how my experience with the
Treo 650 compares.  Certainly I can and do accomplish more with my Treo
than would be possible with a BB 7100, but that doesn't mean your needs and expectations are the same as mine. Maybe I'll come to find that the added capabilities are outweighed by hardware problems as you have. Such is life
on the cutting edge of mobile computing.

Tom