Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Desecration of flag is crime amendment to constitution may pass both houses. Democrats afraid to oppose.

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 04:05:23 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chris Beck <cbeck () pacanukeha net>
Date: June 15, 2005 11:09:17 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net, John Lyon <jelyon () mac com>
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Desecration of flag is crime amendment to constitution may pass both houses. Democrats afraid to oppose.

Rumour has it David Farber, on or about 15/06/2005 4:19 PM, whispered:

Again, I ask: How can giving money to political entities be politically
protected speech, while burning the flag is not?]

Well it's obvious isn't it?  Einstein said it first: it's all relative.
"Protection" is relative to who is doing the protecting. You are obviously using some archaic definition of protected where it actually had a universal
application.

I await the videos eagerly. May I suggest "Land of Hope & Glory" as the sound
track?  Preferrably a copyrighted version.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Beck  -  http://pacanukeha.blogspot.com
A small amount of power also corrupts absolutely