Interesting People mailing list archives

more on An interesting take on the future of the media

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:44:56 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Lyon <jelyon () mac com>
Date: June 12, 2005 1:20:12 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] An interesting take on the future of the media

For IP and those who have watched the Flash presentation:

If, as the presentation asserts, the 4th Estate crawls off the web and back onto the printed page, what will power the hard news engine of Google? It
seems to me that a core component of the Media future the presentation
authors see will be missing, making their Epic and Newsbotster constructs
worthless as a source of "hard" news.

In short, I see a need for professional writers and editors far into the
foreseeable future.

On 6/11/05 7:47 PM, "David Farber" <dave () farber net> either wrote, forwarded
or quoted:

From: Joe Faber <jfaber () gmail com>

You might want to share this with the IP list.  It is an extremely
well-done Flash presentation and, while perhaps a bit simplistic, it
offers a very interesting perspective on what might be happening to
the media in the future.

Link:  http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/epic

--
John Lyon

Yes, as through this world I've wandered / I've seen lots of funny men;
Some will rob you with a six-gun / And some with a fountain pen.
  -- Woody Guthrie