Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Freedom of Repression

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:10:04 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: "Dana Blankenhorn"<danablankenhorn () mindspring com>
Sent: 13/07/05 11:39:11 AM
To: "dave () farber net"<dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Freedom of Repression

College newspapers are published by colleges, not students.

Students can publish practically for nothing, using the Internet. They don't
need the sponsorship.

There is nothing in this ruling that allows a university to censor
off-campus publications that happen to be written by students.

We had censorship of my high school paper 35 years ago. The response was to
go independent, to sell ads, to become part of the market.

You learn a lot more that way than through the subsidy, and control, of the
school.

Dana Blankenhorn   danablankenhorn () mindspring com
Mooreslore Blog    http://www.corante.com/mooreslore/
ZDNet OpenSource    http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/index.php
A-Clue.Com    http://www.a-clue.com dana () a-clue com