Interesting People mailing list archives

more on loyalty oaths, in 2005

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:56:11 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Mercer <radix42 () gmail com>
Date: July 27, 2005 9:48:55 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] loyalty oaths, in 2005

Yes, other States do indeed have such requirement.  I had to sign a
loyalty oath with pretty much the same language to get a student job
here in AZ this summer at my university.

Here in AZ there is also additional language before the bit that
appeared identical to the bit smb quoted in his email below that
seemed inspired by anti-terrorist legislation, but as I was not
provided a copy of what I signed (I never like that!) I can't
reproduce it here.

Cheers,

David Mercer
Tucson, AZ