Interesting People mailing list archives

Gates: Lack of Computer Science Spending Is 'Kind of a Crime'

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:37:04 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: jean_camp <jean_camp () harvard edu>
Date: July 25, 2005 12:09:34 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Gates: Lack of Computer Science Spending Is 'Kind of a Crime'

On Jul 20, 2005, at 4:56 PM, David Farber wrote:

Gates: Lack of Computer Science Spending Is 'Kind of a Crime'
By Darryl K. Taft
July 19, 2005

Silly me. I thought "the crime" was that he has who received the most concentrated wealth giving millions to support dismantling American schools and encouraging that evolution be replaced with intelligent design.

Note the Gates Foundation gave 9.3 Million in a single gift to the Discovery Institute, and you will find Bill & Melinda as hosts at their major events. In her spare time, Melinda graciously volunteers at that conservative think-tank operations aimed at the destruction of public schooling, which these richest parents on the planet have found "obsolete".

Listening to Gates on education is like listening to Norquist on Medicare.

-Jean