Interesting People mailing list archives

Tommy Tancredo talks tough

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:01:34 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Randall <rvh40 () insightbb com>
Date: July 20, 2005 1:14:58 AM EDT
To: JMG <johnmacsgroup () yahoogroups com>
Cc: Dave <dave () farber net>
Subject: Tommy Tancredo talks tough

Transcript of Tancredo comments

By Rocky Mountain News
July 18, 2005

Comments made by Rep. Tom Tancredo on Friday during an on-air interview
on radio station WFLA in Orlando, Fla. Host Pat Campbell and the
congressman were discussing the possibility of future terrorist attacks
inside the United States.

Campbell: Worst case scenario, if they do have these nukes inside the
borders and they were to use something like that — what would our
response be?

Tancredo: What would be the response? You know, there are things that
you could threaten to do before something like that happens and then you
may have to do afterwards that are quite draconian.

Campbell: Such as...

Tancredo: Well, what if you said something like — if this happens in the
United States, and we determine that it is the result of extremist,
fundamentalist Muslims, um, you know, you could take out their holy
sites . . .

Campbell: You're talking about bombing Mecca.

Tancredo: Yeah. What if you said — what if you said that we recognize
that this is the ultimate threat to the United States — therefore this
is the ultimate threat, this is the ultimate response.

I mean, I don't know, I'm just throwing out there some ideas because it
seems to me . . . at that point in time you would be talking about
taking the most draconian measures you could possibly imagine and
because other than that all you could do is once again tighten up
internally.

Copyright 2005, Rocky Mountain News. All Rights Reserved.

--
"We've got the hatemongers who literally hate this president, and that
is so wrong. . . . The people who hate George Bush hate him because he's