Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Bluetooth annoyances

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:32:26 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Frode Hegland <frode () hegland com>
Date: July 18, 2005 4:36:18 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Bluetooth annoyances

All you need to avoid this is to turn off 'Discoverable' in your bluetooth preferences.

This is a good thing to do anyway, apart from the actual moment a friend wants to send you a picture or something. This is not really an issue anyway, from personal experience I can say that my friends and I usually trade pictures and so on via our computers, not via phones, it just seems more convenient.