Interesting People mailing list archives

more on BBC promotes the Bush Plan to Privatize Social Security(Open Letter)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 15:52:56 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: "David S.Isenberg" <isen () isen com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 11:47:44 -0500
To: <dave () farber net>
Cc: Ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] BBC promotes the Bush Plan to Privatize Social
Security(Open Letter)

Dave,

[for IP, per your judgment]

This is a great example of first-mover advantage.  Even though
Rhonda Hauben is against privatizing Social Security, she writes
about "the need to privatize" it.  She could put it in quotes but
she doesn't.  She could say, "the alleged need," or "the claim
that there's a need," etc., but she doesn't. Instead, she uses the
same language as the supporters of privatization.

I am not saying she's at fault.  We all do it; *that's* the
point.  We should be aware of the frame as well as the picture.

David S. "I wuz framed" Isenberg
http://isen.com/blog
-------