Interesting People mailing list archives

Old Radio -- and KDKA (PITTSBURGH)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:11:57 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: "John F. McMullen" <observer () westnet com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:06:45 -0500 (EST)
To: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Subject: Old Radio -- and KDKA

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John F. McMullen <observer () westnet com>
To: "Inwood List (Original)" <inwood () yahoogroups com>
Subject: [inwood] Old Radio -- and KDKA

There have been recent postings here about old-time radio (and
thanks to Sean O'Keefe with the reference to the old radio
link; I listened to a "Gunsmoke" episode last night -- William
Conrad, he of the great radio voice and later "Cannon" on TV,
was Marshall Matt Dillon). I just posted an entry on my blog
(http://johnmacrants.blogspot.com/) which contains part of the
history of KDKA (1020AM in Pittsburgh), the country's first
commercial radion station.

     "When you come to the fork in the road, take it" - L.P. Berra
     "Always make new mistakes" -- Esther Dyson
     "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
      -- Arthur C. Clarke
      "You Gotta Believe" - Frank "Tug" McGraw (1944 - 2004 RIP)

                            John F. McMullen
     johnmac () acm org johnmac () computer org johnmac () m-net arbornet org
                    johnmac () tmail com johnmac () echonyc com
             jmcmullen () monroecollege edu johnmac () alumni iona edu
                ICQ: 4368412 Skype, AIM & Yahoo Messenger: johnmac13
                    http://www.westnet.com/~observer
                   BLOG: http://johnmacrants.blogspot.com/

Post to the List at any time by sending e-mail to "Inwood () egroups com" or
simply replying to the mail that you receive.
Yahoo! Groups Links

     inwood-unsubscribe () yahoogroups com

     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

------ End of Forwarded Message