Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: (I AM VERY VERY IMPRESSED DJF) Googl e Maps

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:26:56 -0500

_______________ Forward Header _______________
Subject:        Re: [IP] (I AM VERY VERY IMPRESSED DJF) Google Maps
Author: Art Wolinsky <awolinsky () oii org>
Date:           10th February 2005 2:14:22 pm

At 09:09 AM 2/8/2005, you wrote:
http://maps.google.com/

Just a quick note for FYI.  I got this message the 2 days before I
presented What's New in Search Engines  to the Texas Computer Education
Association (about 400 people in the audience) and added it as a slide in
my PowerPoint and demoed it for the group.  I asked how many people use
Mapquest and then told them that they wouldn't after today.  As I went
through the features your could hear the murmuring, but when I just dragged
the map to reposition it there was a collective gasp from 400 people.

It illustrates what I have said since 1995, namely that the power of the
Internet is not the information you can dig up in search engines.  It's the
people that provide you with the support and resources you need to shatter
the Peter Principle.

Thanks again for the wonderful list!

Art

Art Wolinsky
OEO 3DWriting, Inc.
awolinsky () 3dwriting com
http://www.3dwriting.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.
I will surely learn a great deal today.