Interesting People mailing list archives

more on SO WHAT IS THE TRUTH djf 2 on Query re PR Newswire - Age Verification Technology [spam]

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:19:10 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:00:01 -0500
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [IP] more on SO WHAT IS THE TRUTH djf 2 on Query re PR Newswire
- Age Verification Technology [spam]

This time please conceal my address.
thanks

==

So here's some other information.

1 - The person listed as "medical consultant", "Professor Yoav Stern, MD,
head of endocrinology dept" does not have a Web presence in Google.  Google
does find "yoav stern" in israel, but he's a correspondent for Ha'aretz.

2 - The page for "basic technical information" has two other links
associated with it

"measurement method": http://www.i-mature.net/content.php?id=53&tno=7
<http://www.i-mature.net/content.php?id=53&amp;tno=7>
"Physiological Background of the Technology":
http://www.i-mature.net/content.php?id=45&tno=7
<http://www.i-mature.net/content.php?id=45&amp;tno=7>

Both require a password.  A request for the password was met wtih the reply
"we won't give it to you until we meet you."

3 - RSA's involvement seems to be limited to the provision of the security
architecture for the system, though prominent people within RSA are quoted
in approviing ways.

4 - An email from I-mature states that "i-Mature was selected for the 2005
Congressional Internet Caucus Kick Off Technology Fair & Reception
<http://www.netcaucus.org/> to demonstrate its innovative technology for US
Congress policymakers, staffers, industry executives and public interest
advocates Some of the other demonstrators selected were: Microsoft, Sony,
eBay, Ericsson Fujitsu, , VeriSign, SAP, and many more."  I note without
further comment thta none of these latter companies have anything to do
witih i-mature, but the placement in the email seems to imply that i-mature
is in the same league.

5 - They claim to be exhibting at the Eighth Annual Kickoff Tech Fair &
Reception of the Congressional Internet Caucus, which is tomorrow.
February 9, 2005
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Dirksen Building, SDG-50
People from the Wash DC area might wish to go there to ask some questions.
RSVP to rsvp () netcaucus org or 202-638-4370.

------ End of Forwarded Message