Interesting People mailing list archives

more on PalmOne Raises Treo 650 GSM Price " total and complete bullsh-t" from Gizmo.com

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 22:47:26 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Rick Yee <ryee10027 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:29:32 -0800 (PST)
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] PalmOne Raises Treo 650 GSM Price " total and complete
bullsh-t" from Gizmo.com

FYI -

I am a school administrator who fully understand how poor Palm customer
relations is. While I was researching the use of handhelds for our district
I spoke with several representatives regarding their handheld products. Palm
was the only company that informed me that they are no longer offering
demos.

However, and I was told this twice by two regional reps, I was more than
welcome to go to Office Depot or Best Buy, purchase one, use it for a while
as a demo and then return it.

Seems like they're not just undercutting their customers, but their
suppliers as well.